Some projects take on a life of their own and slowly morph into their final form. This was one of those projects.
What started as a simple glue-up, turned into glue experiment where I used thick CA glue instead of wood glue. Then came the change to mounting the rough platter to a waste block with hot glue instead of CA glue. Once the tray reached it’s final form I decided that it was still a little bland, so I added a colored wood stain, which gave a little extra depth to the piece. If that wasn’t enough, I finished the piece with several coats of hemp oil instead of my usual Danish or Tung oil. This piece truly started with one plan, and ended up being completely new in every step of the process. I’m not complaining though, as I think it turned out great. Hopefully you feel the same.